• February 27th: Divis Tribute Show, Diana Ross, Tina Turner, and Whitney Houston will be held at the Active Life Center, 140 Ragland Street, LaGrange, on Saturday at 5:30 pm.The show is $15 per person (in advance) which includes a dinner and show. For more information, call 706883-1681 or visit theactivelife.org.
• February 27th: Superhero & Princess Pancake Breakfast will be held Saturday from 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM. Junior Service League of LaGrange is hosting a Pancake Breakfast! Bring your kiddos for a magical morning full of fun festivities and surprises! Event will feature special guests Elsa, Anna, Super Girl, Snow White, Mickey & Minnie Mouse, and more! Each child will enjoy breakfast, crafts, and photos with their favorite characters. Costumes are optional. All proceeds will benefit Boys & Girls Club of West Georgia. Broad Street Church of Christ, Fellowship Hall. Tickets are $20 per child and can be purchased at Calumet Bank, Daniel Realty, or for ticket information e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• February 29th: Genealogy II! Get to know your ancestors better at the LaGrange Memorial Library, 115 Alford Street, LaGrange, GA at 3 pm! Learn how and where to find the records that tell their story – marriage, birth, death, military, and others. Prerequisite: Genealogy I
• February 29th at 6 pm: Internet II. Do more searches on the internet and explore features of the browser. Registration is required. LaGrange Memorial Library 115 Alford Street, LaGrange, GA, 30240, www.thrl.org
• February 29th: To All, ‘A Dance Night’ at the Del’avant downtown, 141 Main Street LaGrange, GA, will be held on Monday night, February 29 from 7:00 to 10:00. Food and Drinks will be provided by Joe Alford and Jeffery Tucker. Please come out for a night of fun. You can even request your favorite song or artist at ‘Troupdems@yahoo.com’ Tickets are only $15 , you can get your tickets by contacting: Pat Darden:(706)302-8795, Jerome Alford, (404)5195440, Janet Turner, (706)333-1505 or Lonnie Hollis, (404) 556-0537
• March 1st at 6:30 pm: Storyteller Donald Davis. Watch for more details on this great opportunity to hear storyteller Donald Davis at LaGrange Memorial Library, 115 Alford Street, LaGrange, GA, 30240.
• March 4 – 6th: 20th Annual Azalea Storytelling Festival. The Azalea Storytelling Festival, held in Callaway Auditorium on the campus of LaGrange College, has been recognized as one of the oldest such festivals in the state of Georgia. Additionally, it has been recognized by the Southeast Tourism Society as one of the Top 20 Events in the 12 Southeastern states. Featured storytellers include: Donald Davis, Michael Reno Harrell, Barbara McBride-Smith Ed Stivender and Master of Ceremonies Carol Cain. For tickets and more information, www.lsparts.org.
• March 5th: Kiwanis Club presents Annual Pancake Breakfast on March 5 at First Baptist on the Square from 7 am – 11 am. Any law enforcement officer (Sheriff, Police, State Patrol, Marshall,etc), fireman/firewoman from Troup County, ambulance driver, 911 operator is welcome to come eat for free, all you can eat breakfast.
• March 5th: Chick-fil-A Connect Race Series Run/Walk 10k/5k/1 mile. Registration starts at 7 am, Race starts at 8 am Early packet pick up March 4th, 4-7 pm at Chick-fil-A Lafayette Parkway. The race will be held at Sweetland Amphitheater, 110 Smith Street, LaGrange, and benefit Winshape camps. Register at www.CFAraceseries.com.
• March 5th: Tea for Two! White linens, silver, fresh table arrangements, fine china, and a variety of sweet will accompany assorted teas for “Tea for Two.” Come enjoy an afternoon tea with a historical theme on Saturday, March 5 from 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM. Suellen Dolan will seat attendees at Sarah’s, Ida’s or Alice’s table and all will leave ready to host a proper tea. Wear your Sunday best. Perfect for mothers and daughters (age 8-12). www.hillsanddales. org, email@example.com or (706) 882-3242
• March 5th: Ride with Us to help Gracie and her family continue to Fight to Beat Liver Cancer. This event will be held on Saturday, March 5th in the Diverse Power Parking Lot, South Davis Road, LaGrange. Registration starts at 11 am and KSU at noon. Ride ends at 56 Long Cane Access Road. The donation for the ride is $25 and this includes a passenger and two food plates. Love offerings of any amount will be accepted after the ride. This ride is open to Motorcycles, Jeeps, Trucks, and Cars. Additional food plates are $5 each. Entry for families or individuals not riding will be $10 payable at 56 Long Cane Access Road. There are many raffle and auction items. Kids activities and several bands are lined up to play. T-Shirts are $20. For Additional Information contact Bridget at 706-302-8837, Sherri at 706-594-8653, Tammy at 706-616-2298, or Dawn at 706616-2299.
• Now – March 7: Diabetes Workshop! This is a 6-week class taught on how best to manage your disease. Class will be held on Mondays: 2/29, 3/7 at 1 pm at The Active Life Wellness Center. Contact Information: Molly Jones 706-883-1681.