•March 19th, 2019 Sierra Club invites everyone to our meeting featuring speaker John Noel, who ran for Public Service Commisioner last year. Mr. Noel will present his synopsis of the three day Al Gore Climate Change seminar. Come learn about the climate crisis and how we can solve it. This meeting will be held in the Dickson Assembly room in Turner Hall at LaGrange College located at 601 Broad St. Sign in and refreshments begin at 6:30 pm and the program begins at 7:00 pm. Any questions about the meeting please contact Ellen Parkhurst as email@example.com.
• Monday, March 25, 2019 Come join us for a fun evening at Dairy Queen! Come for dinner or come for dessert and get a GREAT ice cream treat! It should be a nice warm evening. Hours are from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. Dine in or drive through.
Remember that by buying dinner or an ice cream treat, you are helping to support Bellevue, LaGrange’s only National Historic Site! This event is sponsored by the LaGrange Woman’s Club.
•Saturday, March 30, 2019 2:00 pm A Garden for all on Revis St. Community volunteers needed to help with our community garden. We need help getting the garden ready for planting. If you would like to help please text or call Mr. Ricky Price (706) 298-9646 Founder: Ms. Patterson (706) 350-3180 Co- Founder: Ms. Favors (706) 594-8396 LaGrange Housing Authority: Ms. Faye Gilliam (706) 882-6416 ext: 548 Donation needed: 2 Lawnmowers, 2 weed eaters, and lawn bags.
• April 13th and 14th: Saturday 9am-5pm and Sunday 11am-4pm West Georgia Two Cylinder Tractor Club is holding the 26th Annual Old Time Farm Days Show. Located at VFW Fairgrounds at 1625 Bankhead Hwy. Carrollton, GA 30116. The event is free admisson. $5 tickets will be sold for a drawing. The drawing will happen at 4pm on Sunday, April 14th. The grand prize is a 1953 John Deere 40S. Activities include: Garden tractor shows and pulls, kids bouncy houses, Carroll County Sheriffs K-9 Demo, FFA booth, kids train rides, horse wagon rides, kids games/face painting, Tickled Pink petting zoo, vendots of all kinds and more! All proceeds go to Agricultural related college scholarships. For more information or to purchase tickets please call 770-301-6319.
• Every Monday: Al-Anon-7:00 p.m. at Dallas-Dodd Presbyterian Church, 1244 Wares Cross Road, LaGrange.
• The “Movers and Shakers” Line Dance class will be held at Springfield Baptist Church / Hogansville, GA on Mondays at 6pm to 7pm. Class is free.
• The Optimist Club of LaGrange meets for lunch every Monday at noon at the Mike Daniel Recreation Center. We would love for anyone to come out and see what we are all about. We are always looking for new members! For more information contact Natalie Phillips, (706) 883-6138
• Every Tuesday:LaGrange Lions Club meets every Tuesday at noon at the Highland Country Club. We would love for anyone to come out and see what we are all about. We are always looking for new members!
• Every Wednesday: Preschool Story Time at LaGrange Memorial Library at 10:30 a.m. Enjoy stories, fingerplays, songs and a craft.
• Eating Disorder -12 Step Support Group OA, First Baptist on the SquareWednesday: 1:00 pm, Room 108 Phone: 706-594-7145
• Every Thursday: Celebrate Recovery (a self help program for anyone with hurts, habits, hangups). Join us every Thursday evening… dinner served 6pm, if you wish, followed by program 6:30-8pm.
Held in the First Baptist Church on the Square’s Family Life Center Chapel. Enter where you see the black canopy on Church St. For additional information, call First Baptist Church office at (706) 884-5631.
• Kiwanis Club meets every Thursday at noon at the Highland Country Club. We would love for anyone to come out and see what we are all about.
• Every Tuesday & Wednesday: No matter what your problem with food-compulsive undereating, overeating, food addiction, anorexia, bulimia, binge eating,purging by vomiting or laxative use, or overexercising. There is a solution. You are not alone anymore!!! The meetings has no cost or dues. It will take place at First Baptist on the Square Church Street on Tuesday at 7:15 pm and Wednesday at 1 pm. For information call: 706-884-9925.
• Every Tuesday and Friday: Oil Painting Classes: From 12 to 4 p.m. at the Active Life Senior Center, 140 Ragland Street, LaGrange, GA. Beginners or advanced are welcome.
Open to all adults, 55 and over. For additional information contact Donna Bailey 706-884-6998.
• The Active Life at 140 Ragland Street offers many different types of activities forAdults 55+. Any class offered after 5:00 pm is open to Adults of All Ages. Monday 1 pm Beginners Line Dance Lessons Basic lesson begins at 12:30 pm Tuesday 2:30pmPickleball 5:45 pm Beginners Line Dance Lessons Basic lesson begins at 5:15 pm 7 pm Advanced Line Dance Lessons Wednesday 11:00 a.m. Beginners Line Dance Lessons 1 pm Intermediate Line Dance Lessons Thursday 1 pm Advanced Line Dance Lessons Thursday 7pm–8pm Ballroom Dance lessons The cost for the lessons is $100. per couple for a 5-week session (new class begins 02/14/19) Friday 1pm ChairVolleyball 2ndFridayofthemonth 8pm–10 pm BallroomDance Thecostis $20.00 per couple and includes a complimentary dance lesson that begins at 7 pm 3rd Saturday of the month 7 pm – 10 pm CountryMusicDance Thecost is $6.00 per person
• Every 1st Saturday of the month Hands On History at Legacy Museum Troup County Archives and Legacy Museum 136 Main Street, La-Grange. Every first Saturday, families are welcome to enjoy story times, hands-on activities, or games specially designed to engage younger historians.