•Oasis Lunch nLearn September 3: Landscaping with Woody Ornamentals with Leslie Bendell October 1: Creating Havens with Stephanie Culver November 5: The Wonderful World of Galls with Leslie Bendell
•Did you know that approximately 46 percent of households in LaGrange are comprised of boys being raised without a father? At Truth in Nature, by using the outdoors and Christian mentoring, we can help provide afree solution for the fatherless boys (grades 6th 12th) in our area. The LaGrange Chapter of Truth in Nature is now accepting applications. For more information contact Jeff Benefield @706.616.8732or firstname.lastname@example.org. Check us out at truthinnature.org or find us on Facebook (Truth in Nature).
•Rotary Club -Interested in community service, personal development and camaraderie?
Join aworldwide fellowship by being our guest at the Rotary Club of LaGrange. We meet each Wednesday at noon at the Highland Country Club. Call membership chair Chase Hall at 706.302.1486, or president Susan Ferguson at 706.333.2303 for more information.
• Does Food Control Your Life? Do you overeat, binge, purge, or undereat?
Do you worry about the way you eat?
STOP hurting yourself with food. There is a solution. Meet with others at Support Group. Mondays at 7:15 and Wednesdays at 1:00 First Baptist Church, Church Street Phone: 706-594-7145
• Kiwanis Club meets every Thursday at noon at the Highland Country Club. We would love for anyone to come out and see what we are all about
• Every Monday: Al-Anon-7:00 p.m. at Dallas-Dodd Presbyterian Church, 1244 Wares Cross Road, LaGrange.
• The “Movers and Shakers” Line Dance class will be held at Springfield Baptist Church /Hogansville, GA on Mondays at 6pm to 7pm. Class is free.
• The Optimist Club of LaGrange meets for lunch every Monday at noon at the Mike Daniel Recreation Center. We would love for anyone to come out and see what we are all about. We are always looking for new members! For more information contact Natalie Phillips, (706) 883-6138
• Every Tuesday:LaGrange Lions Club meets every Tuesday at noon at the Highland Country Club. We would love for anyone to come out and see what we are all about. We are always looking for new members!
• Every Wednesday: Preschool Story Time at LaGrange Memorial Library at 10:30 a.m.
Enjoy stories, fingerplays, songs and a craft.
• Every Thursday: Celebrate Recovery (aself help program for anyone with hurts, habits, hangups). Join us every Thursday evening… dinner served 6pm, if you wish, followed by program 6:308pm. Held in the First Baptist Church on the Square’s Family Life Center Chapel. Enter where you see the black canopy on Church St. For additional information, call First Baptist Church office at (706) 884-5631.
• Every Tuesday & Wednesday: No matter what your problem with food compulsive undereating, overeating, food addiction, anorexia, bulimia, binge eating, purging by vomiting or laxative use, or overexercising. There is asolution. You are not alone anymore!!! The meetings has no cost or dues. It will take place at First Baptist on the Square Church Street on Tuesday at 7:15 pm and Wednesday at 1pm. For information call: 706-884-9925.
• Every Tuesday and Friday: Oil Painting Classes: From 12 to 4p.m. at the Active Life Senior Center, 140 Ragland Street, LaGrange, GA. Beginners or advanced are welcome. Open to all adults, 55 and over. For additional information contact Donna Bailey 706-884-6998.
• The Active Life at 140 Ragland Street offers many different types of activities for Adults 55+. Any class offered after 5:00 pm is open to Adults of All Ages Monday 1pmBeginnersLineDanceLessons Basic lesson begins at 12:30 pm Tuesday 2:30pmPickleball 5:45 pm Beginners Line Dance Lessons Basiclessonbeginsat5:15pm 7pm Advanced Line Dance Lessons Wednesday 11:00 a.m. Beginners Line Dance Lessons 1pm Intermediate Line Dance Lessons Thursday 1pm Advanced Line Dance Lessons Thursday 7pm–8pm BallroomDance lessons The cost is $100 per couple for a5-week session Friday 1pm Chair Volleyball 2ndFridayofthemonth 8pm–10pm Ballroom Dance The cost is $20 per couple and includes acomplimentary dance lesson that begins at 7pm 3rd Saturday of the month 7pm – 10 pm Country Music Dance The cost is$6.00per person.
• Every 1st Saturday of the month Hands On History at Legacy Museum Troup County Archives and Legacy Museum 136 Main Street, LaGrange. Every first Saturday, families are welcome to enjoy story times, hands-on activities, or games specially designed to engage younger historians.