• November 9; 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. The LaGrange Lupus Steppers are having a Fun and Fitness Day at Granger Park. There will be food, fun , and prizes. Activities will be blood pressure checks, glucose level checks, line dancing, a l K walk, and football drills for youths ages 4-12. Vendor space is available. They are in need of donations of water, hotdogs, and hamburgers. For more information call Veronica Kelley at 706-402-7405.
• The LaGrange Toastmasters Club meets every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at the LaGrange Campus of West Georgia Technical College in the Troup Room. We welcome visitors. The club is a way for members to develop their public speaking skills and leadership talent in a non-judgmental and supportive environment.
• Did you know that approximately 46 percent of households in LaGrange are comprised of boys being raised without a father? At Truth in Nature, by using the outdoors and Christian mentoring, we can help provide a free solution for the fatherless boys (grades 6th 12th) in our area. The LaGrange Chapter of Truth in Nature is now accepting applications. For more information contact Jeff Benefield @ 706.616.8732or firstname.lastname@example.org. Check us out at truthinnature.org or find us on Facebook (Truth in Nature).
• Rotary Club – Interested in community service, personal development and camaraderie? Join a worldwide fellowship by being our guest at the Rotary Club of LaGrange. We meet each Wednesday at noon at the Highland Country Club. Call membership chair Chase Hall at 706.302.1486, or president Susan Ferguson at 706.333.2303 for more information.
• The Active Life at 140 Ragland Street offers many different types of activities for Adults 55+. Any class offered after 5:00 pm is open to Adults of All Ages
Monday: 1 pm Beginners Line Dance Lessons Basic lesson begins at 12:30 pm.
Tuesday: 2:30 pm Pickle ball
5:45 pm Beginners Line Dance Lessons Basic lessons begin at 5:15 pm Advanced Line Dance Lessons at 7 pm
Wednesday 11:00 a.m. Beginners Line Dance Lessons 1 pm Intermediate Line Dance Lessons
Thursday 1 pm Advanced Line Dance Lessons
Thursday 7 pm – 8 pm Ballroom Dance lessons The cost for the lessons is $100. per couple for a 5-week session
Friday 1pm Chair Volleyball 2nd Friday of the month 8 pm – 10 pm Ballroom Dance The cost is $20 per couple and includes a complimentary dance lesson that begins at 7 pm.
Third Saturday of the month 7 pm – 10 pm Country Music Dance. The cost is $6 per person.
Every Tuesday and Friday: Oil Painting Classes: From 12 to 4 p.m.
• Every 1st Saturday of the month Hands On History at Legacy Museum Troup County Archives and Legacy Museum 136 Main Street, LaGrange. Every first Saturday, families are welcome to enjoy story times, hands-on activities, or games specially designed to engage younger historians.
• Kiwanis Club meets every Thursday at noon at the Highland Country Club. We would love for anyone to come out and see what we are all about.
• Every Monday: Al-Anon-7:00 p.m. at Dallas-Dodd Presbyterian Church, 1244 Wares Cross Road, LaGrange.
• The “Movers and Shakers” Line Dance class will be held at Springfield Baptist Church / Hogansville, GA on Mondays at 6pm to 7pm. Class is free.
• The Optimist Club of LaGrange meets for lunch every Monday at noon at the Mike Daniel Recreation Center. We would love for anyone to come out and see what we are all about. We are always looking for new members! For more information contact Natalie Phillips, (706) 883-6138.
• Every Tuesday:LaGrange Lions Club meets every Tuesday at noon at the Highland Country Club. We would love for anyone to come out and see what we are all about. We are always looking for new members!
• Every Wednesday: Preschool Story Time at LaGrange Memorial Library at 10:30 a.m. Enjoy stories, fingerplays, songs and a craft.
• Every Thursday: Celebrate Recovery (a self help program for anyone with hurts, habits, hangups). Join us every Thursday evening… dinner served 6pm, if you wish, followed by program 6:308pm. Held in the First Baptist Church on the Square’s Family Life Center Chapel. Enter where you see the black canopy on Church St. For additional information, call First Baptist Church office at (706) 884-5631.
• Every Tuesday & Wednesday: No matter what your problem with food compulsive undereating, overeating, food addiction, anorexia, bulimia, binge eating, purging by vomiting or laxative use, or overexercising. There is a solution. You are not alone anymore!!! The meetings has no cost or dues. It will take place at First Baptist.
• Does Food Control Your Life? Do you overeat, binge, purge, or undereat? Do you worry about the way you eat? STOP hurting yourself with food. There is a solution. Meet with others at Support Group. Mondays at 7:15 and Wednesdays at 1:00 First Baptist Church, Church Street Phone: 706-594-7145